Monday, January 26, 2009

What is Life?

Who they say has time for you
Who damn cares whether this is false or true
This is when I thought things must change Some call it mystery, some call it destiny
Some call it journey that is full of irony
Sailing across the ocean I always feel
Sailing through those precious moments if I could steal
That one precious moment that changed my life
That now I realize made my dreams alive
It was when the thought was not my own
It was like something hit me as hard as stone
In dust laden days heat
In everyday’s work emotions are trampled under feet

This is what told me that success is not merely arrange
Not a range that can be measured
Not a value that can be treasured
If something shall be till the end of life
If something that sustains after your life
Is not your rat-race that you probably won?
Is not a wealth in cash worth a million tonne?
But a single gesture or help you offered
At the right time to the needy or any one shattered
This is truly we wealth you literally conquered
Inscribed shall be your name in the heart of people!
-Neha

2 comments:

  1. When i read the poem for the first time,i literally couldn't understand what it says. The second time i read i couldn't correlate title with the poem and then i thought about it and suddenly an experience that changed my life flashed and it all became clear...but i truly believe that not everyone would be able to connect the two parts of the poem but its a great write. keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey nice verse ..
    subtle meaning .. nicely crafted

    ReplyDelete