…but men can read them too
There are a lot of blogs out there done by women on a variety of topics. Men, don’t skip over this post, look at this as an opportunity to get a glimpse into the minds of our counterparts. Perhaps you’ll learn something!
I for one highly respect these women, and while I don’t always agree with some ideas shared, I do commend them for taking to the web and building a community to network with.
5. Broadsheet – This witty and well written blog on the Salon.com network covers women interests in lifestyle, politics, news, health, and celebrity gossip. The writing is very intelligent and I’m very impressed with the comments left in some of the posts. Of the more recent posts I highly recommend the hilarious post “1,250,444 ways to please your man.” Sorry guys, threesomes and foursomes are just not the order for the day.
4. Jezebel – I really love this blogs layout, and the articles range from fashion, to self help, to feature articles on people, places, and groups. This is another blog that has an amazing following and most importantly this blog holds no punches. You doubt me? Guys, think girls are all pristine and polite, well guess again, women are human, and the post “How Do You Break The Poop Ice With A New Paramour?” is a great article. Sure you can snicker and laugh at the topic, but she’s talking about a real problem, and not holding back. Definitely give this blog a try!
3. Our Bodies Ourselves – On a more serious note, this blog has information for women regarding motherhood, health, child care, and other body related issues affecting women. This site is a bevy of information and I recommended it to my wife. Men, I definitely recommend you read this site because these are issues that women, in general, feel very strongly about. Educating yourself on these issue would do you some good. I’d recommend an article, but through the the archives, this site just needs to be added to your RSS Feeds, everything is worthwhile.
2. Feministe – I’ve been reading this site for about three weeks now. I have to say hands down that this site makes me think more than some of the other blogs I’ve listed here. The posts are very tightly written, all topics are well formulated, and the comments are a great resource for discussion. This is one of those sites where I truly don’t agree with everything that is written, but I’d be lying if I said I was not intrigued. Great work, great writing, great posts. I highly recommend the post on John Edwards.
1. Feministing – Okay, this may not be the prettiest site out there, but damn if the information isn’t interesting. From the get go you are slapped in the face with the reality of how women are treated and/or thought of in not just our country but the world. This site tackles subjects on the treatment of women the world over. I find it highly encouraging that they are taking the time to also seek out women in specific industries and highlight them, specifically their women of science segment.
So now that you’ve had your fill, I hope to see women responding to these sites in the comments section. Do you have other sites you’d like to see highlighted or reviewed? I look forward to reading all of your comments!